Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Camelot Betrayal: A Book Review


I really enjoyed the first book to this series, The Guinevere Deception, so I was excited to read The Camelot Betrayal too. The second book continued with the unique magic system, epic quests, mystery surrounding Guinevere's origins, and Guinevere's complicated relationships with Arthur, Mordred, and Lancelot. However, I was surprised that almost all the conflicts in this book were continuations of the first book's subplots. This sequel had almost nothing to do with the Dark Queen, and it didn't really answer any questions about the main plot and Guinevere's identity. Because of this, I was a little annoyed at parts. But I'm still really looking forward to the last book so I can get my questions answered and continue with all the characters I love. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, NetGalley and Delacorte Press, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment