Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Arctic Fury: A Book Review


I was pleasantly surprised with The Arctic Fury. The premise drew me in: in 1853, a party of twelve women brave the arctic to lead an expedition to find the lost Franklin Expedition. The story is told in alternating timelines though. The second timeline follows the leader of the group, Virginia, during her trial where she's accused of murdering one of the women. I found both timelines fascinating and engaging, and the way Greer Macallister weaves them together is impressive. I could barely put this book down. I'd highly recommend if you're into historical fiction!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, NetGalley and Sourcebooks Landmark, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment