Sunday, December 6, 2020

Written in Starlight: A Book Review


First off, love the cover. Isabel Ibañez is extremely talented. Second, my high hopes were a little dashed with this one. I loved Woven in Moonlight, but Written in Starlight felt too conventional, too frustrating at times, and too boring. I struggled most with the romance (or really lack thereof). Manuel and Catalina reminded me of Alina and Mal from the Grishaverse trilogy . . . and I didn't especially love both of their romances. The reasons keeping Manuel and Catalina apart weren't enough for me, and I was never really rooting for them in the first place. 

Overall, I'm disappointed in this book. But there was some good character development with Catalina, and I really enjoy Isabel Ibañez's writing style. I'll definitely give her future books another chance. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Page Street Publishing, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment