Saturday, March 18, 2017

My Secretaire



Novels. Short Stories. Articles. Essays. Writing.

What a journey it is to write.  A lovely journey.  For me, it began with a story about a dog.  In the years long ago, I see myself as a redheaded child, writing furiously at a small, chipped, white table in my room, toes rubbing anxiously over the green cement floor.  I see excitement in my eyes as I finish my first short story: “The Lost Dog.”  Written and illustrated by Savannah.  I have come a long way from writing at that little chipped table.  This blog is a continuation of my writing journey.    Welcome to Savannah’s Secretaire.

Those who have created a blog know the struggle of finding a suitable name.  It is the most important part of a blog.  Within that little title is how you define and present yourself.  I have no problem in admitting that it took me close to two hours of severe brainstorming to come up with a title.  It started with finding a single word: secretaire.
                                         
secretaire (sɛkrɪˈtɛ) noun a small writing desk; an escritoire.  [from French secrétaire]

It was a perfect word from the start.  It even had a nice alliteration with my name.  I love the imagery of a small writing desk.  I imagine myself sitting at a dark, polished desk in a spacious room filled with books and large windows.  There would be a bowl of Oreo cookies and a leather bound notebook with my favorite pen.  The windows would be cracked just a bit to let in a cool breeze and I would hear the sounds of trees rubbing their branches together.  And I would be writing.  What a wonderfully beautiful image secretaire creates.

This blog is my writing desk.  It is a place of thoughts, feelings, experiences, and stories.  I hope you enjoy this writing journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment