Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Guilty Pleasures


Don’t deny. We all have them. I am lucky enough to have several. Here are a few of my guilty pleasures I have fully embraced with slight embarrassment.

The Twilight Series
Guilt: This series is only one of the most rebuked book series and is a package deal with extreme judging from friends, coworkers, and family members.
Pleasure: I admit it is thrilling, captivating, easy to read, and has some talented plotting.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Guilt: So much butter. So much sugar. So many chocolate chips. Eating too many has its consequences.
Pleasure: So much butter. So much sugar. So many chocolate chips. Eating too many has its rewards.

Disney MusicGuilt: My music reflects not a young adult, but a singing child in a sparkly princess dress.
Pleasure: There is happiness in remembering my Disney-centered childhood.

Insta-Stalking
Guilt: Imagine the consequences of accidentally liking a picture from two years ago on another person’s profile. Shudder.
Pleasure: Inspiration ideas, funny pictures from years ago, information gained from the pleasure of your home.

Frequent Book-Buying Sprees
Guilt: I haven’t finished reading the books from the last book-buying spree.
Pleasure: The wonderful sight of seeing my bookshelves bursting.

What are your guilty pleasures?

2 comments:

  1. Here's just a couple:
    Guilty Pleasure:
    Taking more than one bath/shower a day. Guilt: using too much water in a day. Pleasure: It's relaxing and comforting.
    Guilty pleasure: Scaring people. Guilt: One of these days I may cause someone to have a heart attack. Pleasure: The anticipation before the scare is great and actually seeing the scare is very fulfilling. It's wrong, I know.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! You've got some good guilty pleasures. :)

      Delete