Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Queen's Resistance: A Book Review


I loved this book, even more than the first one! I couldn't put it down. 

Continuing Cartier and Brienna's story was an amazing decision on Rebecca Ross's part. After finishing the first book, I wanted more from their story and their relationship. The Queen's Resistance explored their relationship more fully and gave it the challenges it need to grow. I also loved having chapters in Cartier's point of view. I feel like this change was needed for the plot of the book, but also for the reader to connect and understand him more as a character.

The pacing of this book was incredibly active, engaging, and interesting. I find it refreshing that, at the end of book one, Isolde didn't simply become queen overnight. In reality, there would be some resistance. I liked exploring that through this book.

A fantastic sequel to The Queen's Rising. This sequel will go in the list of "sequels that are better than the first."

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Would I recommend? Yes!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment