Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The Shadows Between Us: A Book Review



I've never met a Tricia Levenseller book I didn't like. The Shadows Between Us was everything I hoped for and more: a wicked, clever main character that I somehow admire, a mysterious, handsome king, a slow, steaming romance, and threats of murder and blackmail at every turn. Honestly, it's a solid read because it has all the elements that make a fantasy book unforgettable: the characters are unique, the plot tense and driving, and the writing both humorous and deep. Levenseller keeps setting the bar higher and higher for herself, and she never fails to disappoint. I can't wait to read more from her. She deserves all the stars!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment