Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Boy with Fire: A Book Review

This book has everything I could ever want in a YA fantasy. It has an enemies-to-lovers romance between a princess and her guard that's wonderfully slow burn and well written. It has a fascinating POV from the morally-gray king that shows his path to tyranny and madness. And most of all, it has FIRE BENDING. This book basically fulfills my wish of a fire-bending book similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender. The world building, magic system, and religion in this book are so well developed and rich. I don't think I can say enough nice things about this book. I'll definitely be reading its sequel!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Aparna Verma and NetGalley, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment