Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Breaking Time: A Book Review


Hello, most gorgeous cover of all time. But unfortunately, Breaking Time fell into the category of "story didn't quite live up to gorgeous cover." There's always a risk of that happening, but honestly the story had a lot to live up to with this cover. It's just breathtaking. 

Basically, this book just felt lacking for me. The characters were okay, but the romance didn't feel fully developed. There were several plot conveniences that were ridiculous (what kind of national library keeps their special collections completely unlocked with no security cameras?) and I was kind of confused about the magic and exactly what Klara could and could not do. And there were some cringy pieces of dialogue. 

Overall, it had a lot of potential! I'm just being picky at this point. I think this book will find a home with many readers out there—I'm just not one of them. Except I won't forget this cover anytime soon. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Inkyard Press, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment