Saturday, October 7, 2023

Absolutely Not in Love: A Book Review


Another lovely romance from Jenny Proctor! I was so excited for this autumn-vibes romance, and I loved spending time in Harvest Hollow—the perfect autumn town. And I think this was my first hockey romance, and I definitely understand the hype!

Felix and Gracie are so cute together. I love how they are neighbors, and that they both love music and books. I love that Gracie has some personal growth to go through (her hate of hockey) as she develops a friendship and romance with Felix (a hockey player). This story is cozy as it focuses mostly on their slow-burn relationship, and there are so many heart-melting moments. Also, Felix is too good for this world. He is perfection.

I think I would have enjoyed a little more angst in the plot, but that's a complete personal preference for me. And even though it did feel a little slow in the first half, the second half was absolutely charming and had some great growth moments. I think so many people will love this cozy romance that can be read on a perfect fall afternoon. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Jenny Proctor, for the arc!
Release Date: October 12, 2023

Trigger/Content Warnings: make outs, recounted past cheating, mild skate injury

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment