Monday, July 24, 2017

The Good List (No. 02)


Weekend Getaways. A couple weeks ago, my husband and I stole away to St. George with my family for a much needed getaway. We hiked The Narrows and Kanarraville Falls. Absolutely beautiful. Among our other activities: swimming, eating Twinkies, eating at Subway 2 (!) times in a row, and visiting the St. George Temple.

Warm Summer Nights. Often, I still grab a jacket while going out the door, out of habit for Utah’s predictably unpredictable weather. I’m pleasantly surprised to discover I don’t need it most nights.

White Oleander. This book, written by Janet Fitch, completely touched my soul. It follows the heart-aching story of Astrid as she experiences foster care after her poetic mother gets put in jail. Astrid learns of the harshness of the world, but also experiences love, trust, and artistic beauty. Be warned: this book is not for the faint reader.

Dunkirk. A raw, beautiful movie. I loved the lack of dialogue, the depth of character, and the knowledge of an important World War II event.

Nikki Rees.
I recently discovered this Instagram fitness star, and have been enjoying following her day-to-day inspiration for working out and eating healthy. I first discovered her story here, and have been following her ever since.

What's been on your Good List?

No comments:

Post a Comment