Tuesday, June 5, 2018

All the Bright Places: A Book Review

Image result for all the bright places


I finished this book last week, but I still don’t know if I’m emotionally ready to write about this book. I don’t think I can form cohesive, meaningful sentences the way I want to. So I’m going to sum it up and say that All the Bright Places reminded me of a mix between the romance and parental relationships in The Fault in our Stars and the grittiness in Bone Gap. It was a book that I didn’t want to like, but ended up loving because of deep characters and Jennifer Niven’s way of weaving mental health and suicide into a loving, purposeful story. It was a rollercoaster of emotions. I love books with emotion.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4.5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 3.5
Overall: 4

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment