Monday, August 19, 2019

The Stolen Kingdom: A Book Review



I was intrigued by this Aladdin retelling, complete with a runaway princess, Jinnis, a lamp, and an evil villain. But unfortunately, it fell short for me. I expected a stronger and more interesting main character, as well as a faster-moving romance. The plot was strung along far too slowly, and I was bored for much of the book. I also expected more world-building details. The world, characters, plot, and writing all fell too flat for me.

Would I recommend? Perhaps. I think I would recommend to those who love retellings. While I didn't find anything special about this particular retelling, others might.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 2.5
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you to Bethany Atazadeh for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment