Thursday, June 2, 2022

Unlikely Match: A Book Review


I was prepared for this book to wreck me. A transplant romance? Yeah, I was ready to cry. But I didn't expect it to be so heartwarming and funny at parts. So definitely read this if you love

- workplace rivals to lovers
- medical stuff/transplant process
- funny banter
- gay best friend who is the BEST
- start-up business culture
- grumpy + sunshine

This book was such a delight to read. I do wish there was a tad more romance, and the pacing felt slow for the last 30% of the book, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the story and even tearing up. Definitely add this book to your TBR!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Laura Bradbury and NetGalley, for the ARC!

Trigger Warnings: chronic health illness, transplant, hospital scenes, foster system
Content Warnings: swearing, one open door and one fade-to-black scene

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment