Thursday, October 20, 2022

A Wilderness of Stars: A Book Review


This book started off a bit slow for me, but that ending went wild and quick and absolutely NOT what I was expecting. Like, at all. And I'm still not sure how I feel about it. 

I thought the plot and concept for this book was super fascinating and unique. I liked the traveling aspect, and it was tense with people chasing after them. The romance was developed well too. However, I could not stop focusing on all the stupid decisions the MC made. (Like when people kept seeing her neck tattoo. Can't she tie a scarf around her neck or something?? It killed me.) She was the cause of so much conflict in the plot. I also disliked the extremely long chapters—I think that's why I thought the book was slow even though they are traveling fairly fast.

All in all, this was quite entertaining though a little annoying at times. And Shea Ernshaw took a huge risk with that ending. I'm interested to read other reviews to see what people think. Like, there has to be a book two, right?

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Simon and Schuster and NetGalley, for the ARC!

Trigger/Content Warnings: parental death, murder/death, cult behavior, kidnapping

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment