Monday, October 31, 2022

How to Kiss Your Grumpy Boss: A Book Review



Okay, I loved this. This book is the perfect example of how to tell a romance with the single-parent trope. Perry has such an amazing character arc of the ups and downs of dating a single mom and wondering if he's good enough. He is so heartfelt and serious and swoony. I loved seeing Perry and Lila's romance develop through working together, fake dating, one-bed trope, and all the adorable kissing. They really are a power couple who communicate well.

I will say that the romance starts a little slow, but it's absolutely worth the wait. The third act was absolutely perfect all the way through with no annoying plot devices that we all hate (looking at you, miscommunication). I was seriously smiling and tearing up at the end. And did I mention that this book has a curvy-girl rep? LOVE.

You definitely need to read this book. It's adorable, lighthearted, and meaningful.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Jenny Proctor, for the ARC!

Trigger/Content Warnings: loss of spouse, divorce, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment