Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Faking Christmas: A Book Review



This book put me in such a holiday mood! It had everything I love in a holiday book: sledding, a snow fight, decorating gingerbread houses, Christmas movies, mistletoe, and just the Christmas spirit in general. The romance was really adorable too. I don't think I've ever read a grump/sunshine trope where the girl is the grump and the guy was the sunshine, but I enjoyed it! Miles is such a happy, funny, lovable character. I will say that Olive stayed a grump a little too long for me. I would have enjoyed it more if she would've admitted her feelings sooner. 

I love how this book dealt with trauma related to loved ones' deaths and a parent remarrying. There were some deeper themes explored through their relationship, so it wasn't all holiday fun and games. This is a fantastic book to add to your Christmas TBR!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Cindy Steel, for the ARC!

Trigger/Content Warnings: loss of loved ones through cancer and skiing accident, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment