Thursday, November 24, 2022

Song of Silver, Flame Like Night: A Book Review


The info dumping during the first half of this book killed the mood for me. There was so much history thrown at you, and tons of paragraphs explaining the world, the magic, and the current political climate. It was just too much. It distracted from the characters for me, and I couldn't bring myself to sort through all the information. To be honest, I spent a lot of my time skimming. 

However, this story is unique. It explores some cool ideas with differing magic systems that war against each other. The second half of the book has quite a bit of action too. I can definitely see how lots of people would enjoy this book and spend the time learning about the world and magic. But unfortunately, it didn't click with me. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Harper Voyager and NetGalley, for the ARC.

Trigger/Content Warnings: violence, death, kidnapping, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment