Monday, November 28, 2022

The Maine Attraction: A Book Review



The premise was cute for this book, and I loved how many similarities there were to the movie The Proposal, including a wedding weekend, fake dating, and hate to love. The plot held my attention, and I found myself rooting for the romance. There were some things that took me out of the story though: info dumping, way too many side characters (Ramsey's family was just too big), questionable character choices that didn't make sense to me, cringy writing at times, and a third act that fell flat. However, most of these things I could look over and still enjoy the story. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Equality Book Tours and Morgan Gauthier, for the review copy!

Trigger/Content Warnings: one fade to black

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment