Friday, November 18, 2022

Heart of the Sun Warrior: A Book Review



How do I find the words to convey the beauty and magnificence of this series? This series completely touched my heart and fully surprised me. I haven't read anything like it before! The pacing is fast and tense, the characters have incredible growth throughout, and the writing is perfection in every way. 

Heart of the Sun Warrior did not disappoint. It is a worthy sequel to Daughter of the Moon Goddess, taking the story to new heights. There are greater consequences and plot twists that create lots of tension. The love triangle is so expertly explored in this book as well; I didn't know which way I was leaning for most of the book. But I think my favorite part was the character growth. Each character had their own things to learn: forgiveness, strength, respect, bravery, overcoming grief, unconditional love. I marked so many passages of life lessons to learn from this book. 

Without a doubt, this is my favorite fantasy series and one I will return to again. PLEASE read this series! Especially if you love Chinese folklore, dragons, hidden identity, well-done love triangles, enchantments, strong family bonds, monster battles, and exquisite writing. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Harper Voyager and NetGalley, for the ARC.

Trigger/Content Warnings: violence, death, kidnapping, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment