Monday, April 1, 2024

Savor It: A Book Review



This book is such a sincere and heartfelt romance. I love the opposite worlds the characters come from: small town farm girl and a Michelin-star New York chef. Opposites really attract in this romance, and I love the constant use of open communication throughout their story.

There are so many motifs that make this romance unique (Sage's robes, for example—iykyk). I also like the themes of overcoming work burnout, figuring out how to parent teenagers, small town versus big city, savoring things while they last, and choosing to live a happy life no matter what that looks like to you. I really identified with that last one, and it made me love and appreciate the journeys the characters went on both together and separately. 

My only critique is that the tension did drag a bit for me at some parts, making me want to skim. But overall, I think this romance is special and worth reading. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 5
Overall: 4

Thank you, St. Martin's Griffin, for the arc!
Releases May 21, 2024

Trigger/Content Warnings: death of loved ones (off page), injury, four-ish open door scenes

No comments:

Post a Comment