Sunday, June 9, 2019

Dark Soul Experiments: A Book Review



This book surprised me. It has such an interesting plot! Ren, a normal sixteen-year-old, is transported in the past when a boy gives her charm bracelet. She soon discovers that her soul has been cursed, splintered, and reincarnated for a long time, and that she is forced to die too early in each lifetime. As she starts to discover each of her past lifetimes, she starts to uncover the secrets of her past and present, she has to decide whether the experiments will help her future or doom her present. It was a page turner for me! I think the plot is the strongest part of this book—it is solid and engaging. I think I'll be reading the next books in this series when they come out!

I do have some reservations. There were a good number of punctuation and grammatical mistakes, and some of the characters didn't seem to have a life outside of the story. But all in all, this book surprised me and I'm glad I read it.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3.5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 3.5
Overall: 3.5 (rounded up to 4 on Goodreads)

Would I recommend? Yes.

Thank you, Bre, for the ARC! This book gets released on August 6, 2019.

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment