Thursday, June 13, 2019

Beasts of the Frozen Sun: A Book Review


Another fantastic Viking-themed story! This book, written by Jill Criswell, has gods, magical gifts, chilling warriors, and so much action I could barely put it down. The story follows Lira, a soul reader who saves an enemy warrior from death. As Lira and Reyker's forbidden bond grows stronger, they discover that the threat from an evil warlord grows stronger, and they must find a way to save themselves, their souls, and their people.

This book has so many elements to it. Even the synopsis falls short of doing this book justice. There's incredible relationships, twisting magic, and vengeful gods. The plot continues to build until the last page, leaving me wishing for more. I know without a doubt I'll be continuing with this series because I absolutely love Lira, Reyker, and the world building. I think it's one of the best Viking reads I've read, and I wouldn't hesitate to group it with Sky in the Deep and Warrior of the Wild.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Would I recommend? Yes! This book is for readers who love Vikings, fantasy, battles, and the enemies-to-lovers trope.

Thank you, NetGalley and Blackstone Publishing, for the ARC! This book will be released on August 6, 2019.

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment