Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Blazewrath Games: A Book Review


The cover of Blazewrath Games and the description of "Quidditch meets dragons" drew me right in. I love dragon books, I love Harry Potter, and I love all the the pink on this cover. Unfortunately, I think I set my expectations a little too high. The first half of the book moves really slowly with Lana figuring out her role in the Blazewrath Games, and there's lots of world building details to cover. By the time the pace picked up with the second half, Lana annoyed me as a character, and the "big reveals" didn't seem that impressive. The world is clever, but the characters and plot fell flat for me. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3.5
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Page Street Publishing, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment