Thursday, July 2, 2020

Kingdom of Ice and Bone: A Book Review


I was so excited to dive back into the Viking world with Lira and Reyker again. This book was one of my top-anticipated sequels this year! Before I go on, I have to warn you that this review may contain spoilers for the first book, Beasts of the Frozen Sun. Read at your own risk!

This book picks up where BOTFS left off: Lira and Reyker are separated, and they each think the other is dead. But they both have the same goal to defeat Draki and restore peace to their lands. Lira grows a lot in this book, especially with her magic, and I loved learning about a new land with new gods. There weren't as many fight scenes in this book; it was more of an exploration of Iseneld, magic from the gods, and the characters' goals. However, it still remained tense and entertaining throughout! There were a few things that bothered me, but Jill Criswell is a fantastic writer. I can't wait for the third and final book.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Jill Criswell, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment