Sunday, February 28, 2021

A Captain for Caroline Gray: A Book Review


I liked this book! I especially liked Caroline and her love of learning and knowledge even if it made her unpopular among society. I also loved the enemies-to-lovers romance between Caroline and Captain Scott. It felt pretty believable to me. 

Throughout this book, I felt sure that this book would get five stars from me. I loved the ship setting, the romance, India, and Caroline's character. But then the ending happened. A lot of stuff didn't make sense, the pacing felt off, and it wrapped up way too quickly and easily. It was not satisfying, and it was definitely disappointing. But all in all, I still mostly enjoyed the book and think it deserves four stars.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Shadow Mountain, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment