Friday, February 26, 2021

Real: A Book Review


This book is so powerful and important that I feel insignificant writing a review for it. Real touched my heart in many ways. I loved learning about Charity, who has nonverbal autism, and her journey to find a voice and help others like her. Her story is utterly inspiring and brought me to tears many times through this book. I couldn't help but love all the kind, patient, and believing adults who helped her throughout. This book reminded me of all the sadness and horrible things these kids go through in this harsh world, but it also reminded me that there are kindhearted heroes who can help them, and that each of these kids has a voice and a place in our world. And I loved that it was based on a true story. I think everyone would benefit from reading this book. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Shadow Mountain, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment