Wednesday, February 2, 2022

A River Enchanted: A Book Review


Another wonderful adult fantasy. I absolutely loved exploring the Scottish-inspired world in this book, and the characters were absolutely deep and well thought-out. I loved the magic tied with art, the mystery of the missing lasses, and the magical folk of the land. The story does begin rather slowly though, and it takes its time establishing the world, magic, and inner workings of the characters. But once it all flows together near the middle, it's hard to put down. The writing itself seemed just as magical as the story, and I remembered how much I love Rebecca Ross's writing. It's a pleasure to read. I'm so glad this is a duology because I feel like I'm just getting started with these lovely characters and this mysterious, magical world. I highly recommend if you love all things Scottish, folk magic, mystery, and delightful romance!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Harper Voyager, for the review copy!

Content: one fade to black scene, one open door scene, kidnapping, violence

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment