Tuesday, February 8, 2022

All My Rage: A Book Review


All My Rage is such a powerful story with several important themes: immigration, racism, family, forgiveness, friendship, loss, and love. What I especially loved about this book is that it's a character-driven novel. You really get to know Salahudin and Noor on a deep level—their dreams, weaknesses, struggles, and their relationships with others. I also loved the perspective from Salahudin's mom, Misbah, and seeing how her immigration from Pakistan to America affected her as a wife and mom. 

This book needs to be read by everyone. Seriously. The story added to my perspective and it made me want to be a better person who's quick to forgive and quick to love. I think this book has special value for teens too in how they view and treat one another and how they achieve their dreams. Absolutely loved it!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Razorbill, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment