Wednesday, January 12, 2022

With and Without You: A Book Review



I was so excited to read this after reading Always Never Yours last year and loving it. However, this book fell far short of my expectations. I didn't really enjoy the plot. The fact that it was centered around whether the MC should break up with her boyfriend or not was really boring. There wasn't any tension to the plot, and showing all the details of a long distance relationship was long-winded and dull. I also got annoyed with the MC several times throughout the book, especially her obsession with having sex for the first time and convincing her boyfriend that his dream of med school wasn't his "true" dream. She felt like an especially immature teenager, unworthy of getting her own story. 

Unfortunately, I can't recommend this book to really anyone, and I'm sad I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 2
Character Development: 1
Overall: 2

Thank you, Penguin Teen and NetGalley, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment