Friday, August 19, 2022

One Dark Window: A Book Review



Wow, this book just got better and better as it went along! It really is perfect for fans of For the Wolf, Legendary, and Uprooted. It had all the dark magic vibes with a broken kingdom, magic cards, secrets, a race to save the world. AND it has the most incredible slow-burn romance ever with a man who reminded me of Mr. Darcy. Every small touch or small smile from him made me SWOON. 

Another thing I love about this book is Elspeth. I love the dynamic of her having a Nightmare in her head, talking to her, protecting her, and slowly taking over her. She is the perfect character for this story: secretive, determined, and tough-as-nails even through her fear. 

I can't wait to read the sequel because THAT ENDING was a cliffhanger. So be warned. But I really, really enjoyed this. It has lovely, atmospheric writing that transports you into the world, and it has a complex magic system with its own lore. I highly recommend to my dark adult-fantasy lovers!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Orbit Books, for the ARC!

Trigger/Content Warnings: possession, violence, one open door scene, swearing

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment