Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Night of the Raven, Dawn of the Dove: A Book Review


I really enjoyed reading this book! I loved the ancient Indian world with a focus on spiritual energy as magic, and I loved all the politics driving the plot. I've discovered that I LOVE politics in my fantasy books, especially when they move the plot along quickly. This story had so many twists and turns; it truly was a joy to read! 

There is also the cutest romance, but be warned—it is a SLOW burn. But the payoff is totally worth it. I loved the character development too. Katyani makes huge strides in her growth, and she is a great character to follow through the story. I also loved the inclusion of Indian myth monsters and creatures.

I do wish that the spiritual energy/magic part was developed a bit more, and I wish the romance wasn't as much of a slow burn. But honestly, this was a solid YA fantasy that I enjoyed. I would definitely recommend if you liked The Tiger at Midnight, Poppy War, and Daughter of the Moon Goddess. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, St. Martin's Press and NetGalley, for the ARC!

Trigger/Content Warnings: murder, torture, monster attacks, war violence

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment