Thursday, February 2, 2023

Hello Stranger: A Book Review



I read this book in one sitting, past midnight, with no pee breaks. It was that good. I can't remember the last time I did that!

Once I got used to the MC's stream of consciousness, I was completely charmed and captivated with her story. She has a lot of struggles with her prosopagnosia (facial blindness) and her mess-up family and just life in general. This book dives deep into some meaningful themes, and I both giggled and teared up at different parts.

But the ROMANCE. Oh, my heart. The romance is completely unexpected, but it took my breath away. I loved seeing their relationship unfurl, twists and all. It would make for a fantastic romcom movie. This book is now one of my new favorite romances!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, St. Martin's Press, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: facial blindness, seizure, brain surgery, bullying to the point of attempted suicide (off-page description), death of a parent, cheating

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment