Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The Eradic: The Book Review



This book has all the adventurous, tense vibes of Lord of the Rings, but with its own twist. The world building really is impeccable in this book. There is so much detail in the world history, religion, magic, and the gruesome Irax creatures. This book does a great job balancing the world building with the plot so you don't get overwhelmed, and I'm excited to discover more details about the Being and the Valker Warriors in the next book.

There is a sweet slow-burn romance in this book too, with a friends-to-lovers vibe. I liked seeing their relationship grow throughout all the things they went through together. I do wish there were a bit more romantic hints in the first half, but the romance in the second half was adorable.

Even though this book starts off a bit slower, it packs a punch at the end! The last 20% flew by because I was trying to turn the pages as fast as I could. There are some great plot twists and crazy things happening throughout the book that pull in your attention. And THAT ENDING. I need the next book now!! This was a great debut by S. Goodey.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, S. Goodey, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: monster and fighting violence, language, sexual harassment, torture, drug use, cult behavior with sacrifices and suicides

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment