Monday, August 14, 2023

How to Kiss a Movie Star: A Book Review



This book is my FAVORITE of the whole series (which is saying a lot, because the entire series has been perfection!!!). I am a sucker for celebrity romance and the he-falls-first trope, and this book perfectly executes both. I am, and will always be, a Jenny Proctor fan FOR LIFE.

First, the characters have my whole heart. I love having a FMC that's a scientist and couldn't care less about clothes and makeup and movies. She is the perfect opposite to Flint, a sexy and famous movie star. The circumstances that bring them together are hilarious and unique, and it sets up for a great story. I love their romance, especially their communication through fake dating and merging their worlds together. It's meaningful and absolutely delightful to read. 

This is another HUGE win for Jenny Proctor, and I'm so very sad to be leaving all the Hawthorne brothers behind. I loved all the cameos of them in this book. How to Kiss a Movie Star was the perfect book to end on with this series! I'm begging you to read these books!!!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Jenny Proctor, for the arc! How to Kiss a Movie Star will be released August 18, 2023.

Trigger/Content Warnings: kissing/make outs, stalking, mild physical assault, momentary arrest

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment