Friday, May 31, 2024

Summer in the Highlands: A Book Review


This collection of romantic short stories was an utter DELIGHT to read. I was instantly transported to beautiful Scotland with such atmospheric descriptions of the landscape and its people. It was the perfect setting for romance!

What I love most about these stories is the characters. They all have such incredible growth. The authors all did a commendable job giving us a full romance and deep character growth with how short the stories are! I feel attached to all the couples and their stories. Each romance felt unique to me, and once I started each story I had trouble putting it down again. This collection is truly perfection, and one I will be recommending for years!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Nichole Van, for the arc!
Releases June 25, 2024

Trigger/Content Warnings: war violence and injury, mild injury, parent deaths, mild physical abuse, closed door

No comments:

Post a Comment