Sunday, May 23, 2021

Daughter of Sparta: A Book Review


This book was like a female version of Percy Jackson! I loved seeing all the gods and goddesses brought to life with different and interesting personalities. Daphne is a pretty likable character too, with a mysterious heritage and dang good fighting skills. I will say that this book moves slowly, but it does have some intense action scenes and some romance sprinkled throughout. I definitely want to continue with this series just so I can see more of the gods and goddesses (Persephone and Hades were my favorites). All in all, I wouldn't say this book is spectacular, but definitely entertaining and a must-read for people who love Greek mythology. A pretty good debut from Claire M. Andrews!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3.5
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Jimmy Patterson Books, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment