Monday, May 31, 2021

For the Wolf: A Book Review


I don't often pick up Beauty and the Beast retellings. I find that there are too many of them, and they can often be repetitive and bland. I first thought that this book, For the Wolf, was a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. But it's actually a Beauty and the Beast retelling, and to be honest, I wasn't mad about it. I liked the dark spin on it with the living, breathing Wilderwood and the monsters in the Shadowlands and the blood and magic. The plot was pretty entertaining too, if you can look past it being a little repetitive and predictable. Overall, it's a solid B&tB retelling that stays pretty close to the fairytale with some unique spins on it, so I think people who love retellings will enjoy this one well enough. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Orbit Books, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment