Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Fire with Fire: A Book Review


I was not expecting to like this book as much as I did. I don't often like urban fantasy, but Fire with Fire was done very well. Honestly, the world needs more dragon books, and this is a fantastic one to add to the mix. 

I really liked the doubling points of view between the two sisters. I could sympathize with both of them, and I loved their character arcs. Eden's arc was especially well done. I also loved the secret world of dragon slayers and sorcerers and of course the DRAGONS. I really want a sequel to this book just because I'm so attached to Dani, Eden, and the dragons. 

I will say that this book has a lot of pop-culture and super modern-day references (which in general draw me out of a story) and f-words. So beware if these things bother you. On the bright side, this book does very well in addressing mental health, and I think it's worth the read if you like dragons and well-developed characters.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, HMH Books for Young Readers and NetGalley, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment