Friday, June 18, 2021

Curses: A Book Review


Curses is my first gender-bent Beauty and the Beast retelling, and I honestly enjoyed it! The world felt very similar to Ella Enchanted, and I loved all the LGBTQ+ rep. Honestly, all the characters were well developed, and there's a fantastic cast of side characters who you learn to love. This was a sweet and cute story with (actual) funny banter. I do wish it had a little more romance, but the slow-burn was definitely there. I'd definitely recommend this book to those who love B&tB retellings!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3.5
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Penguin and NetGalley, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment