Monday, June 28, 2021

Untethered: A Book Review


I loved reading Shielded last year. It was a good, generic YA novel that was pleasant to read. I didn't realize, though, that Untethered would be through completely different characters' points of view while continuing the same storyline! I kinda liked it. It made it more interesting to me. However, I will say that I didn't love Chiara as a main character. I just don't love timid, untalented characters who have to struggle with every challenge they face. And I found the romance pretty lacking. I did like how the story went though, and how it wrapped up all the loose ends from Shielded. Overall, a fine duology; one I think 15-year-olds would enjoy. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Delacorte Press and NetGalley, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment