Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Witchshadow: A Book Review



This book is definitely my favorite of the series so far. So much happened, especially near the end, and I just can't help but be in awe at the world building. It is so incredibly intricate, and totally comparable to Sanderson's world building. Each book just adds more and more fantasy and history and lore, and all of it is deeply connected to the plot. Susan Dennard is truly a master at creating a world that draws you in. 

I will say that this book moves a bit slowly in the beginning, and I think it's because of the five points of view that switches every chapter or within chapters. And sometimes it got frustrating when one POV ended in a cliffhanger and I had to get through a chapter or two or three before I got to that POV again. But it kept me reading. 

Another thing that this book does well is developing Iseult's character. She has a lot to work through in this book, and I loved her journey. I can't wait to see the other characters' final journeys in the last book!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4.5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Tor Teen, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment