Friday, July 15, 2022

The Bodyguard: A Book Review



This book was unlike any other romance I've read before! It was cute, funny, and unexpected. 

What I loved:
– Texas ranch backdrop
– Female bodyguard protecting a famous & swoony actor
– Fake dating
– Slow-burn, adorable romance that was closed door

What I didn't love:
– Author's choice to have the MC speak directly to the reader like a conversation (it pulled me out of the story)
– MC's tendency to complain about her job ten pages after saying how much she loves her job
– Some plot points threw me for a loop, like the book was trying too hard to be silly in a serious situation

Overall, I thought it was a fun and enjoyable read. It did toe the line of being too much for me at first—too much complaining, too much silliness, too much awkward speaking to the reader, but the cute romance made up for it. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 5
Overall: 4

Thank you, St. Martin's Press and NetGalley, for the ARC!

Trigger/Content Warnings: stalker, car accident death, gun violence threat, suicide threat

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment