Saturday, July 2, 2022

Long Story Short: A Book Review


I'm not usually drawn towards YA summer camp books, but wow, this one is WORTH THE READ. It exceeded all expectations. I absolutely loved Beatrice, the MC. I definitely related to her social awkwardness, but I loved her dedication to trying new things and her ability to stand up for herself. I loved her story of finding out who she is and accepting that she can change and still be herself. And I loved her interactions with her two new friends, especially Mia. Their friendship is so wholesome and heartwarming. 

AND DON'T FORGET THE ADORABLE ROMANCE. The loathe to lovers was absolute perfection with all the teenage angst and crushes. I loved that Nik had some Mr. Darcy-inspired traits. And the Shakespeare camp backdrop was perfect for developing the romance! 

Don't miss this one! I devoured this in one day, staying up late to finish it. It's delightful, and the perfect summer read with lighthearted friendship, an angsty romance, and a heartwarming message. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Wednesday Books and NetGalley, for the ARC!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment