Monday, July 10, 2023

One Kiss Alone: A Book Review


I'm convinced Nichole Van can do no wrong. Each one of her books is incredibly romantic but also deeply personal with her characters' growth. With each book I finish feeling incredibly satisfied and delighted. One Kiss Alone was no different!

The romance is absolutely adorable and gutting at the same time. I loved Ethan's Golden Retriever energy, but also his depth and kindness. He pairs perfectly with Allie, who has a dark past and uncertain future. I loved seeing their journey through enemies to friends to lovers. Their banter was fantastic.

What I also love about Nichole Van's books is that the plot is always original and fresh, leaving me to devour these books in one day. From the first page I was drawn in with the highway robbery, and the plot only thickened as the story went on. I'm always surprised at how well the characters communicate (miscommunication in regency is the worst, so I'm incredibly happy that this doesn't have a place in Van's books), and the relationships always seem real and genuine.

I will forever be a Nichole Van fan. She writes such atmospheric, heartfelt books that transport me right into Scotland and tug at my heartstrings with thrilling, delightful romance. She's incredible!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Nichole Van, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: robbery, mild violence, past recounting of prostitution and child abuse, drugging & kidnapping, gun violence, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment