Sunday, February 4, 2024

This Could Be Us: A Book Review


I liked this one even more than Before I Let Go! The plot gets incredibly tense right away, with high stakes and an interesting set up with the enemy-like relationship of the main characters. I could barely put it down with all the plot and romantic tension!

I also appreciated the autism rep with Judah's sons, and Soledad's realistic relationship growth with her daughters through tough times. I can always count on Kennedy Ryan to explore tough subjects within realistic families and circumstances. And there's always an undercurrent of hope and trust and growing through hard times.

My only critique for this book is I got impatient with Soledad's growth. I appreciated her journey of self love in the beginning, but I felt like it carried on for a bit too long. This is just my opinion though!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Forever, for the arc!
Releases March 5, 2024

Trigger/Content Warnings: swearing, cheating, cancer, divorce, multiple open door

No comments:

Post a Comment