Sunday, June 14, 2020

Forest of Souls: A Book Review


Although this book wasn't as good as I was expecting and it moves a bit slowly, it has an expansive world with magic, politics, and cool creatures. It also has a killer main character, Sirscha, who has a distinct voice, and I really liked her from the first chapter. She has great drive and shows how even though she came from nothing, she worked hard to become strong and important. I do wish the book moved a little more quickly in the middle, and I wish it had some romance. But it sets up what I think will be an impressive series. I'm hoping the next book will have romance, more magic, and more of her past. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Page Street Publishing and NetGalley, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment