Monday, June 15, 2020

Hunted by the Sky: A Book Review


THIS is the YA fantasy I've been waiting all month for. Hunted by the Sky has rebels, magic, Indian culture, a slow-burn romance, politics, and prophecy—what's not to like? Once the plot starting really moving, I couldn't put it down. It's been a looong time since I've read and finished a book in a day. This book deserved all my attention today and all my love in the future.

First of all, this book is set in medieval India. Need I say more? By now, you probably know about my obsession with India. I loved all the descriptions of Indian food and saris. Bhathena creates such a vivid world with her descriptions and details. Second, Gul and Cavas are such wonderful characters with high goals. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing their relationship grow more in the second book; I felt it was a little lacking in this book. But I think that's due to the plot that has a lot of intricate details going through it. I can't wait to see how things develop in Rising Like a Storm. Overall, this was a solid YA read that I'll be recommending to everyone, especially those who like The Tiger at Midnight, We Hunt the Flame, and Dance of Thieves

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Farrar, Straus and Giroux and NetGalley, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment