Sunday, June 7, 2020

Queen's Peril: A Book Review


I'm such a Star Wars nerd and a big fan of Padmé, so this book was perfect for me.  This book really boils down to Padmé and her relationship with her handmaidens, and how their training helped them win the war against the Trade Federation. It was also my first Star Wars book, and I'm surprised how much I liked it. I've always avoided Star Wars books because I was afraid of them ruining the movies, but I loved the behind-the-scenes details in this book.

As for the writing of the book, I liked the shifting points of view from several characters, and I liked how E.K. Johnston summarized the parts that are in The Phantom Menace and went deeper into the parts of the plot we don't see in the movie. It kept the story moving and made it interesting. I do wish we had more details into what Padmé thought about Anakin though—there's barely anything in the book about them meeting and becoming friends. But what a great book. I think I'll be reading more Star Wars books from now on!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you Disney Lucasfilm Press and NetGalley for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment