Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Shielded: A Book Review


Wow I loved this book! If you're looking for a solid fantasy with secret magic, enemy mages, a slow-burn romance, disguised royals, a warrior princess, and an intriguing plot, look no further. Shielded is super entertaining and fun to read and reminded me a lot of Sorcery of Thorns and Kiss of Deception. It echoes a lot of YA tropes and conventions, which make it familiar and perhaps a little predictable, but I still think it's worth the read. I can't wait for the next book.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Delacorte Press and NetGalley, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment